Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 17 22/4/08 Holland Park

The weather was lovely today, warm and sunny. It reached 17 degrees which goes to show how well i've adjusted to british weather if i think that's warm.

I tried to phone my sister who was due back from Miami today and who lives in Epsom Downs however she wasn't answering.

This morning we set out for Kew Gardens on the train. The village of Kew is very pretty and the gardens are huge and beautiful. My favourites were the woodland garden and the pine forest. Again there were bluebells and daffodils everywhere. We managed to cover most of the park and my feet were aching again. Got the tube back to Holland Park.

We had dinner at the local, The Castle. An Italian woman, British woman and myself couldn't figure out how to use the taps in the toilets. We thought they were some of those fancy new space age type with sensors or something but eventually worked out that the levers were just broken off. Chris bought some yummy strawberry beer.

Back at the hotel I watched the traffic going around the holland park roundabout from out window for the second last time.

No comments: